Thursday, August 14, 2014

Holly Jolly Camper

For someone who is decidedly NOT a camping sort of girl, I sure have made a lot of these camper quilts. Let me be clear...my idea of roughing it would be something akin to a Red Roof Inn. I don't need the Four Seasons (though I wouldn't turn it down!), but I am far too appealing to mosquitos to consider sleeping in a tent.

However, I just can't get enough of this camper idea! In September I will be teaching my latest design, the Holly Jolly Camper, at Stewart's Sewing Machines in Mt. Zion, IL and I can't wait! The pattern will be available soon in my Etsy shop - as soon as I force myself to sit down and edit the thing. Let's be honest here - that is WAY less fun than making a quilt. This pattern, like The Happy Camper, uses a simplified raw edge appliqué technique using a glue stick instead of fusible web and is so fun to do!

If you or any quilters you know happen to live in central IL and would be interested in taking the class, follow the link to Stewart's and give them a call for more details. I'd love to see you there!!





No comments:

Post a Comment